Thursday, April 30, 2009

Glad it's almost Friday!!

At work, there was an all-day meeting for my extended team that I helped plan/organize. As part of the organizing crew, I had to get in early to set up, which meant I came in even earlier to try to do real work before the meeting. Overall, I think the meeting went well. Unfortunately, what keeps going through my mind is the five-minute presentation that I had to do (which I totally bombed). I was assigned a topic that I don't know as much about as I feel like I should, and as a result ended up getting nervous. I'm afraid I also sounded/looked like a complete idiot. Sigh.

In the afternoon, we went bowling, and I totally bombed that, too. From the two games, my combined score was lower than my supervisor's score from a single game.

So, in summary, lots of embarrassing moments today! The one redeeming thing is that I got a gift card for helping with the recognition, which was a nice surprise.

After work, I went shopping for kitchen things because I'm looking for a birthday present for my friend Christina. She's learning how to cook, and her kitchen is not very well stocked in terms of useful gadgets. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything suitable. Will have to make a trip to Target, and maybe Bed Bath & Beyond, tomorrow or Saturday before her birthday dinner.

Tired now, since I had to get up early for work. Getting ready for bed sounds like a good idea because it brings me closer to the weekend!

No comments: