Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daily Ramblings & Houston Tea Party

When a lot of the daily excitement comes from cat-spotting, you know we leave a pretty tame lifestyle. On Monday, Fent came home excited to tell me about how he pet a cat on the way back from the post office! And on Tuesday, I was excited to tell him how I spotted the neighbor's gorgeous white cat in the window on the way to work and the way from work!


But today, there was real excitement. Apart from being tax day (woohoo!), it was a day of "Tea Parties" across the nation. In an attempt of public display against misappropriated government spending, bailouts, and taxation in general, Tea Parties were held in various cities across the country. Unfortunately for me, the Houston Tea Party created a lot of racket outside of my office window for the last several hours of the day. Even from behind sealed windows on the 17th floor, I could hear the band and the crowd in the plaza across the way.

And by the time I left work, the streets were packed with demonstrators and police. What a mess!

No comments: