Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Long day!

I have a couple rules-of-thumb related to my working hours. Firstly, it's bad news when the hour I leave work is a larger number than the hour I came into work. (Leaving at 7pm is bad if I came in at 6am.) Also, it's not good to come into work less than12 hours after leaving. And finally, it's bad to come home from work at an hour that is fewer than three hours from bed time.

Unfortunately, I think I broke all of these rules today. I did like the feeling of arriving to work early, however. The streets of downtown Houston were quiet, the temperature was great, and there was a rare calmness in the air. Two of those things didn't last for very long. It was certainly not a quiet or calm day in the office! There are highlights, however! Actually, one main highlight: I got an iPod touch! I'm actually more excited about it than I expected. I won it in a contest at work, so even though it's not something I would ordinarily buy, it's definitely something cool to get for free. Runner up highlight of the day is getting the baby in my second-ever slice of King Cake. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're clearly not from this part of the country and should read more here.

Ugh, I don't really have the desire to sit in front of a computer screen any more today, so I'm going to peace out for now.

No comments: