Friday, June 11, 2010

Catching Up

As I mentioned in the last post, this year has still had a way with making time fly. It is practically half way through the year, which is a good milestone to check-in and reflect on progress & activities.

From a work perspective, I am really enjoying what I do (since I moved into a new role in January). However, I am spending many more hours at work (or doing work/thinking about work, outside of work) than I would like. Furthermore, I'm not sure that I'm as far along with the goals I set at the beginning of the year as I would like to be. Not that they've been derailed--it just is a glaring reminder to be more focused on these accomplishments for the second half of the year.


On a more fun note, I've been trying to find more fun & thrifty activities to do outside of the house. Since we're both homebodies, getting motivated to go out and do something can sometimes feel like herding cats. As you can imagine, one cat herding another cat isn't the most productive. But, as a result of this endeavor, we have gotten a membership to the Houston Zoo! Last week, we went to see the new baby elephant--Baylor. He is adorable!

You can read more about Baylor on his website here, and I highly recommend watching the video of Baylor playing in his kiddie pool at Trunk Tales, the Houston Zoo Elephant Blog.

Baylor helping his artist mama, Shanti, paint a picture:

No comments: